Head Athletic Trainer/Instructor of HPE
We would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time position of Head Athletic Trainer/Instructor of Health and Physical Education.
• Supervise the health care of intercollegiate student-athletes, including prevention, initial care, evaluation and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
• Manage all administrative aspects of the athletic training room, including maintenance of injury records, treatment logs, and inventory of supplies and equipment
• Serve as a preceptor/approved clinical instructor (ACI) in the athletic training education program
• Manage the athletic training staff.
• Teach and advise within the HPE department
• Schedule athletic training coverage for all home events and practices.
• Provide athletic training coverage for home athletic practices and events as assigned, and provide athletic training coverage for selected away athletic competitions
• Maintain a current inventory of all supplies and equipment.
• Assist Dyson Wellness Center in athletic insurance claims process.
• Assist in administration of the CAATE accredited undergraduate athletic training education program as directed by the ATEP director
• Other duties as they may be appropriately assigned by designated supervisor(s)
• Master’s degree in related field required.
• BOC-certified athletic trainer
• Previous experience as a full-time athletic trainer
• Experience in clinical supervision of athletic training students
• Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level is desirable.
• Illinois licensed or eligible (must possess license by start date).
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students, located in Naperville, IL, 28 miles west of Chicago, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For more information, visit https://www.noctrl.edu. Interested candidates should send a letter of application, CV, transcripts, teaching evaluations, a statement of teaching philosophy and three letters of recommendation to Heidi Matthews, Athletic Training Education Program Director and Search Committee Chair, c/o Academic Affairs Office, North Central College, 30 N. Brainard Street, Naperville, IL 60540. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the college are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin March 18, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. EOE.