The deadline is Friday, Jan. 11, for faculty and staff to take advantage of special pricing during winter term on many fine and performing arts performances. Discounts of 50 percent on 10 different performances are redeemable by visiting the box office in the lobby of the Fine Arts Center or by calling 630-637-7469 during box office business hours, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This special, limited-time 50 percent discount is for these shows:
• Marc Cohn, opening act is Rebecca Pidgeon: Saturday, Jan. 12, Wentz Concert Hall (few seats remaining)
• Beckie Menzie and Tom Michael “All in the Musical Family”: Sunday, Jan. 27, Madden Theatre (10 pairs total available at discount)
• Parsons Dance: Friday, Feb. 1, Pfeiffer Hall
• Chicago Jazz Orchestra “A Tribute to Ray Charles”: Saturday, Feb. 16, Wentz Concert Hall
• David Burnham “Mostly Broadway”: Sunday, Feb. 24 (10 pairs total available at discount)
• Russian National Orchestra: Sunday, Feb. 24, Wentz Concert Hall
• An Evening with Branford Marsalis: Friday, March 1, Wentz Concert Hall
• One Night of Queen: Sunday, March 10, Pfeiffer Hall
• “Junie B. Jones” by Theatreworks USA: Saturday, March 16 (two shows), Pfeiffer Hall (adult price only)
• Vienna Boys Choir: Sunday, March 17, Wentz Concert Hall
Students are encouraged to check out the Fine Arts Student Connection (FASC) site for updates and ongoing programs.
As always, most student musical and theatre performances are free to students, faculty and staff with your college ID.