Artwork by 13 North Central College art students will be featured in the annual Senior Art Show, May 12 through June 13. The 2014 Senior Art Show features a diverse body of work, ranging from paintings, drawings, sculpture and ceramics to photography, cutouts and mixed media.
Free and open to the public, the exhibit will be on display in two gallery locations. The College’s Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery, 31 S. Ellsworth St., will be open daily, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Artwork in Oesterle Library Gallery, 320 E. School St., will be on display Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m. to midnight, Fridays 7:45 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays noon to midnight. The senior artists will greet visitors during a reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 18, in both galleries; complimentary refreshments will be served.
Exhibitors for the 2014 Senior Art Show are:
• Nicole Boeger of Newark, majoring in studio art, will showcase drawings, photography and mixed media.
• Nicole Gawron of Homer Glen, majoring in interactive media studies and studio art, will display work with spray paint and wood and handmade and cut stencils.
• Vanessa Harrison of Naperville, majoring in studio art, will exhibit drawings and mixed media.
• Ariel Hodge of Aurora, majoring in studio art, will focus on paper cutouts and sculpture.
• Samantha Johnson of Calumet City, majoring in studio art, will feature sculpture and drawings.
• Lindsey Pettit of Aurora, majoring in anthropology, will concentrate on traditional and nontraditional sculpture.
• Nicholas Rickard of Wheaton, majoring in studio art, will include paintings, ceramics and commercial designs.
• Marti Rossdahl of Bartlett, majoring in studio art, will display 2D and 3D mixed media.
• Kayla Rubel of Naperville, majoring in art education and secondary education, will showcase drawings, sculpture and mixed media.
• LeAnn Spitzer of Rockford, majoring in studio art, will present ceramics, mixed media and various 2D works.
• Samantha Walsh of Wheaton, majoring in studio art, art history and religious studies, will show paintings and drawings.
• Lauren Wohlrab of Naperville, majoring in interactive media studies and studio art, will exhibit paintings and drawings.
• Ian Wright of New Lenox, majoring in studio art and global studies, will present drawings and video installations.
Christine Rabenold, assistant professor of art, is faculty advisor for the exhibit. For more information about the exhibit or gallery hours, contact Rabenold at 630-637-5543 or email@example.com.
Art, art history and art education are among more than 55 undergraduate majors offered at North Central College. Art students at North Central College learn traditional and contemporary media; engage in analytical, critical and abstract thinking; and learn to communicate ideas visually. Students attend gallery and museum openings and exhibits in Naperville and Chicago, meet visiting artists, enter juried exhibitions and gain an academic foundation for graduate study in studio art, art education, art history, art therapy, arts administration, art criticism and visual communications. Visit northcentralcollege.edu/majors/art to learn more about North Central’s art program.