Naperville Magazine Publisher Leah Rippe has been named a member of the North Central College Board of Trustees.
Rippe has served the College since fall 2010 as chair of the College’s Board of Trustee Associates, comprised of community members involved in many aspects of the College. She has been publisher of Naperville Magazine since 2007. She is also marketing co-chair for the Downtown Naperville Alliance, serves on the Naperville Heritage Society board, is active with the Rotary Club of Naperville and serves on the board of Arranmore Arts.
Rippe was appointed to a three-year term as a College Trustee, after which her successor as chair of the Board of Trustee Associates will assume a seat on the Board of Trustees.
The North Central College Board of Trustee Associates is a group of Naperville-area professionals committed to advancing the College and increasing awareness about the academic excellence of the institution. In addition to meeting regularly, the board sponsors an annual high school science competition at the College. Students who compete in the Academic Challenge sponsored by World Youth Science and Engineering (WYSE) and who later attend North Central are eligible for scholarships funded by the Board of Trustee Associates.
Board of Trustee Associates members participate in many other functions at the College as well, including the annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Prayer Breakfast.
In addition to Rippe, the College’s Board of Trustee Associates includes:
· Jonathan Shanower ’85, vice-chair; attorney-partner with Dreyer, Foote, Streit, Furgason & Slocum, P.A.
· Glenn Weiss ’94, secretary; senior vice president, Northern Trust Company
· Gerald V. McCadd ’92, treasurer; agent with McCadd State Farm Insurance Agency
· Kevin M. Gensler, trustee liaison; president, Dommermuth, Cobine, West, Gensler, Philipchuck, Corrigan & Bernhard, Ltd.
· Matthew Arient, senior finance analyst, PepsiCo
· Bryan E. Barus ’90, president, Suburban Real Estate services, Inc.
· Shane Beard, owner, FastSigns
· Thomas Bennington ’84, partner, Lawrence, Kamin, Saunders & Uhlenhop, LLC
· Stephanie Cassioppi, director, state regulatory and legislative affairs, U.S. Cellular
· Lara Masullo ’97 Ellison, family practice physician, Edward Medical Group
· Brian Fry ’10, manager, capital and development, Ventas, Inc.
· Thomas W. Garvey ’89, independent representative, Lightyear Wireless
· Alexander Harris, community volunteer
· Kevin Harris, general manager, Chicago facilities, BP America
· Michael L. Jannusch, senior vice president, PNC Bank
· Raymond Krauss Jr. ’84, RK Capital Group, Inc./Health Care Recruiters
· Meghen Pitts ’04, attorney, Roberts & Associates, P.C.
· Karen Solomon ’84, vice president, The Higher Learning Commission of NCA
· Joseph L. Weidenbach, senior vice president, U.S. Bank
· Russell Whitaker III ’00, attorney, Rosanova & Whitaker
· John Zediker, COO, Ruettiger, Tonelli & Associates, Inc.