Why choose political science at North Central College?
You’ll apply what you learn to your day-to-day life while you further your academic and career goals. Political science majors agree that our energetic faculty run one of the most rigorous, communication-intensive majors at North Central. These dedicated professors will challenge you to think critically about governments, public policies and political processes–whether you’re analyzing source materials, reading online news sources or preparing to cast a vote. You’ll start contributing to local and global communities right away.
You can also:
- Work one-on-one with faculty members on their research projects, whether authoring a textbook or monitoring political candidates.
- Complete your own research projects, then present them at the Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research and other forums.
- Apply for a Richter Grant to fund your research anywhere in the world.
- Attend at least one professional conference, such as the Midwest Political Science Conference in Chicago, and write a paper about your experiences.
- Gain valuable practical experience in law and international relations through the faculty-led Mock Trial and Model United Nations organizations.