Why choose graphic arts at North Central College?
In our graphic arts track, part of the interactive media studies major, you’ll dedicate yourself to digital multimedia design. Between projects in and out of the classroom and internships, you’ll learn to communicate visually through digital media … and you’ll produce a portfolio you'll be proud to show employers, graduate school recruiters and freelance clients.
You can also:
- Utilize a full-scale lab equipped with the cutting-edge, industry-standard hardware and software required for high-intensity graphic creation.
- Access Mac and PC graphics labs dedicated exclusively to declared IMS majors and minors.
- Enroll in cross-disciplinary and team-taught courses with art, computer science, English and communications faculty.
- Compete for graphic arts scholarships.
- Gain hands-on experience by submitting work to the online magazine, Viewfinder.