Why choose accounting at North Central College?
Our accounting degree will help you become professionally indispensable—one of those rare people who can analyze complex quantitative problems and explain them to everyone from CEOs to stockholders. You’ll learn to track finances, prepare statements and identify key economic issues affecting business strategy. Our professors also weave writing and presentation skills into every accounting course, so you’ll become a skilled communicator—and that will set you head and shoulders above your peers.
You can also:
- Tackle real-world case studies, thanks to faculty partnerships with local businesses.
- Concentrate in certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or corporate tracks.
- Network with other students, alumni and guest speakers through the Student Accounting Society.
- Work closely with professors who conduct original research and deliver conference presentations.
- Complete the required 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA examination in Illinois and most other states in four years by working closely with your academic advisor, enrolling in summer coursework and completing advanced placement credits.
- Participate in Volunteer Income Tax Assistance programs.
- Get your master’s degree through the 5-year integrated accounting CPA/MBA track and be prepared to sit for the CPA exam.
- Obtain extra help from a peer tutor—or become one yourself.