English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) is a full-time intensive English designed to prepare international students for admission to a U.S. college or university by developing academic, professional and social English language skills. The institute is located on the campus of North Central College, a four-year comprehensive liberal arts university in Naperville, Illinois. This city of 150,000 people is just 28 miles (45 km) from downtown Chicago, Illinois - one of the nation’s most vibrant, culturally active cities - and just 30 minutes from Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD).
As a student of the English Language Institute, you will experience:
- 20 hours per week of classroom instruction
- Small classes and personal interaction with faculty
- Full access to North Central computer, recreational, cultural and health facilities
- Free campus Internet access
- Participation in the International Club, one of the most active clubs on campus
- Conversation partner program
- Friendship family program
- Special culture courses and area excursions
- Convenient housing in campus residence halls with U.S. undergraduate students
- Daily opportunities to interact with U.S. undergraduate students
- Walking distance to downtown Naperville and to the commuter train to Chicago
Once students have successfully completed the advanced level, they may be considered for admission as full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students at North Central College.
Spring, Summer, and Fall Opportunities
- There is still time to apply for our Spring 2014 term that starts on March 31. Learn more about our easy application process!
- We are accepting applications for our Fall 2014 term that starts on September 15. Learn more about our easy application process!
Katherine Pope, Director
Street Address: 48 East Jefferson Avenue, Naperville, IL 60540
Mailing Address: 30 North Brainard Street, CM#276, Naperville, IL 60540