Master of Arts in Education
We’ve been educating Chicago-area teachers and administrators for decades, so we know exactly what you need to succeed. We keep our classes small so we can individualize your North Central experience. You’ll build both your proficiency in your content area and your understanding of your particular teaching environment.
Our highly respected Master of Arts degree in Educational Leadership and Administration and Master of Arts degree in Curriculum and Instruction give you the tools and credentials to move forward in whatever direction you choose. The Educational Leadership and Administration with a Principal Endorsement provides a strong foundation to become a successful school assistant principal or principal. The Curriculum and Instruction program leading to either a Teacher Leadership or Reading Teacher Endorsement provides in-depth professional development to improve learning for teachers and students.
A few other North Central advantages:
- Our blended cohort enables you to complete the program at your own pace – take 18 months or up to five years to earn your Master of Arts.
- Our small classes foster tight-knit communities among students and faculty.
- Our engaged alumni mentor students and frequently return to campus to share their professional expertise.
- Our full-time faculty are involved in state and national leadership program innovations and partner with working principals and other administrators to stay ahead of the latest education trends.
- Our program is aligned with standards for National Board Certification.