North Central College - Naperville, IL

Transfer Summer Coursework

Continuing students may take course work at another institution during summer and transfer the credits back to North Central. Course(s) must be evaluated for transferability prior to the time the course is taken. This is accomplished by submitting the Request to Transfer Course Work form to the Office of the Registrar. Forms are available in the Office of the Registrar.


  • Students must complete either their last 30 hours in residence at North Central or 36 of their last 42 hours. Stated another way, a maximum of 6 transfer hours can be taken during the last 42 hours.
  • During the Fall, Winter, and Spring terms students may not be enrolled concurrently at North Central and any other institution with the exception of students taking classes through the Consortium Exchange agreement with Aurora and Benedictine Universities
  • Please see the Course Substitution Guides which provide course by course details on how credit will transfer from area community colleges to North Central.
  • The Transfer Credit Policy provides additional information regarding how and from which institutions credit may be transferred to North Central.