North Central College’s prestigious College Scholars Honors Program brings together high-achieving undergraduates pursuing any major and connects them through a network of peers, faculty and alumni. The program will engage you in a different kind of learning—one centered on working with others, global literacy, examining contemporary topics using the perspectives of multiple disciplines, and rigorous undergraduate research.
As a College Scholar, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from other Scholars in small, discussion-based honors courses.
- Conduct and present independent research.
- Receive one-on-one advising when applying for prestigious national scholarships like Rhodes, Fulbright, Truman and Goldwater awards.
- Study abroad and complete research internationally or in other parts of the United States.
- Develop close relationships with other high-achieving students through a variety of social events, colloquies and optional honors housing.
As a graduating College Scholar, you will earn the distinction to wear gold honors cords at Commencement and receive the College Scholar seal on your official transcript. More importantly, you will graduate with an enhanced academic profile and be well prepared for the next step in your career—whether that be graduate school, a competitive service program like Teach for America or entry into the workforce.