Extra-curricular and professional activities that will enrich your religious studies education.
With so many houses of worship in the vicinity of North Central College, there are plenty of opportunities to participate in paid/unpaid internships and other education and youth programs in local religious institutions.
You can also
- attend Contemplative Series which focuses on the contemplative dimension of human experience through short presentations followed by meditation
- special event: Winter Term 2016 Religious Studies Panel Discussion - "Hijab, Higher Education, and Religious Harmony" An Interfaith Dialogue on Larycia Hawkins and Wheaton College
- volunteer to work at a homeless shelter or food pantry
- contact Campus Ministry to find out about other ways you can assist the community
- take a look at the broad range of student organizations on campus, many of which cater to those with an interest in spirituality
- engage in field research related to the study of world religions
- conduct an independent study project in an overseas religious center
- apply for a Richter Independent Study Fellowship, with grants of up to $5000 for individual research projects, including the cost of overseas travel and living expenses
Let us help you discover your potential!