About the Music Department
The Department of Music offers:
- Programs of study in Music, Music Education (choral and instrumental) and Jazz Studies. You can complete all programs in four years.
- Chicago area location. Hop on the Metra train and be downtown in 40 minutes to catch the numerous musical and cultural events including performances of the Lyric Opera, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, jazz artists, musical theatre productions and many others.
- Professional faculty. Work with faculty who are successful performers, accomplished conductors, leading scholars, composers, and experienced teachers.
- World class facilities and venues including Wentz Fine Arts Center and Concert Hall, Madden Theatre, Pfeiffer Auditorium, Koten Chapel and Meiley-Swallow Thrust Stage.
- Scholarships. Audition for performance scholarships in voice, instrumental music or jazz, and interview for music education scholarships if you are seeking teacher certification.
- Comprehensive program. Take a combination of core music classes, private lessons, ensembles and other classes suited to your area of specialization or interest.