We encourage you to pursue special learning opportunities outside the classroom that will enhance your education. Consider the following:
ENACTUS - (formerly known as Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
By participating and teaching others how businesses operate and people work together, you’ll acquire teamwork and leadership skills. North Central College has won several national awards in ENACTUS competitions.
You can take advantage of opportunities to practice your new skills and knowledge by taking a temporary position as an intern in an organization. Your experience may even earn you college credit.
- EIBO is a student organization dedicated to fostering interest in international business.
- AMA allows students to inform, advance, and connect in the marketing industry.
- SHRG provides students with opportunities to explore the field of Human Resources outside of classroom lectures.
You may choose to complete part of your college credits by studying in another country. North Central sponsors several unique international living and learning experiences.
Leadership, Ethics and Values (LEV) Program
LEV is a distinctive program that gives you the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities through specially designed courses or related activities.
Dispute Resolution Program
You will learn how to mediate conflicts in a variety of contexts, including the workplace, and gain valuable life skills.
Model United Nations
Participation in Model UN will give you opportunities to engage in global issues and better understand world problems. You'll meet students in Model UN clubs from other colleges and host mock UN conferences.
• Seminars: Students can participate in international travel seminars with faculty during interim (a three-week period between Thanksgiving and Christmas) as part of independent study projects. These are often funded in part by the Richter Fellowship Program. Recent trips have included Costa Rica, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Germany and the Czech Republic, China and Japan, Cuba, and Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand).
• Educational tours: Individual faculty members often lead one- to two-week touring trips abroad during the summer months.