Management is the art of organizing, supervising and strategically planning for effective organizational performance. Our course requirements give you a strong background in management skills while emphasizing creative thinking and problem solving.
You can earn either a B.A. or B.S. in management.
The B.A. requirements are:
- BUS 135 Introduction to International Business
- BUS 162 Management of Organizations
- BUS 168 Marketing
- BUS 205 Introduction to Business Law
- BUS 241 Business and Economic Statistics
- BUS 384 Human Resource Management
- BUS 460 Management Information Systems
- BUS 482 International Management
- BUS 475 Business Strategy
- ACC 201 Financial Accounting
- ACC 202 Managerial Accounting
- ECN 250 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN 252 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 350 Corporate Finance
- One elective from any ACC, BUS, ECN, or FIN courses at the 300/400 level.
Support courses should be selected from English, sociology, mathematics, psychology, LEV, and speech communication.
Beyond the B.A. requirements, you must complete:
- CSC 160 Computer Science I
- MTH 152 Calculus II
- one elective beyond MTH 152 or CSC 160
- one of: ACC 307, BUS 446, or ECN 445.
A minimum of 24 credit hours within the Division of Economics & Business, 12 of which must be in the management and marketing department.