Cardinal Athletic Training Students (CATS)
I. Membership: Members must be North Central College students intending to declare the focus of their studies to be athletic training or a related allied health profession.
- To improve and enlarge the members' knowledge of the National Athletic Trainers' Association, the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association, and the Illinois Athletic Trainers' Association.
- To assist in organizing the North Central College athletic training student staff.
- To assist members in preparing for the BOC certification exam, the job search process, and the graduate school search.
- To learn more about the career opportunities that are available to the certified athletic trainer.
- To make the campus community more aware of what an athletic trainer is and the services that the North Central College Athletic Training staff provides.
- To provide members quality professional development and continuing education.
- Invite speakers to campus (physicians, athletic trainers in other settings, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nutritionists, sport psychologists, etc.)
- Visit other athletic training or sports medicine facilities.
- Attend NATA, GLATA, or IATA annual meetings.
- Attend area athletic training/sports medicine seminars.
- Conduct lectures and services for the college (CPR, blood borne pathogens, ect.).