Prospective and Incoming Faculty
Considering a North Central College Faculty Career?
Here’s a snapshot of the community you would be joining—the campus, the region, the faculty, and a sampling of programs designed to support faculty life and professional activity—if your search for a professional home leads to the College. We hope you’ll take the opportunity to become better acquainted with our campus, our locale, and the defining characteristics of our academic identity.
The College Context
- private four-year selective comprehensive liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church; three-term academic calendar
- founded in 1861; --most recent accreditation visit continues our tradition of highest-level recognition; also acknowledged by the Peterson’s Guide, U.S. News & World Report, the Princeton Review, Forbes, and for outstanding merit as an undergraduate teaching institution
- recognized in Princeton Review's Guide to Green College's
- 3000 students, primarily undergraduate and residential, from 27 states and 32 countries; 18% minority students
- more than 55 majors leading to the B.A. and B.S. degrees; masters degrees in 7 areas
- teaching emphasis supported by active scholarly/professional contributions to disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields
- 43 consecutive years of balanced budgets
- recent major building initiatives (2000-present) have supported academic programs and campus commitments to the fine arts, wellness, sustainability, residence life, interactive media studies, information literacy, and now the sciences