College Health Nurse
May. 23, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, non-exempt position of College Health Nurse. The College Health Nurse will assist in providing health care services and wellness education to members of the campus community, including clinical assessment and preparation of treatment plans for illnesses, administering routine and emergency first aid, referring and monitoring the progress of clients requiring additional medical services, and providing education that promotes overall wellness at North Central College.
- Assess each patient’s condition based upon observation and/or interview of patient, physician’s diagnosis, laboratory results and any other pertinent information. Use professional judgment to educate and effectively communicate with those served concerning the diagnosis and treatment of their medical conditions, appropriate preventative measures and the use of the health care system.
- Follow the Dyson Wellness Center Clinical Standard Operating Procedures (CSOP) for appropriate treatment and referral.
- Maintain appropriate, accurate and complete medical record entries.
- Administer first aid and, when necessary, arrange for further care. Perform approved laboratory procedures as documented in the CSOP. Correctly dispense over the counter and College physician prescribed medications. Replenish supplies as indicated. Notify Director of needed medications and supplies.
- Work as part of the Dyson Wellness Center team and maintain excellent working relationships with consulting therapists and physicians as well as other staff members.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences.
- Provide individualized and group education related to medication, disease process and prevention. Advise other health related student groups as assigned. Consult with other College departments and/or outside agencies regarding health related issues. Assist in the planning of appropriate health related activities and/or programs.
- Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- 3 years clinical nursing experience preferred, however all qualified licensed candidates will be considered.
- Certification in BLS required.
- A valid Illinois Professional Nursing License is required.
- A valid driver's license is strongly preferred.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com