Advancement Services Assistant/Matching Gifts Coordinator
May. 21, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, non-exempt position of Advancement Services Assistant/Matching Gifts Coordinator. The Advancement Services Assistant/Matching Gifts Coordinator will ensure that gifts to the College, primarily monetary, are promptly and accurately recorded, processed and acknowledged. To regularly provide management personnel with current status of fundraising. To ensure that mailing and fundraising database is complete and up-to-date and to produce mailing lists, labels, gift lists and other documents using the database.
- Perform all data updates (including address, employment, deaths, marriages, etc., pertaining to alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, churches, and deceased records on the appropriate database screens) from returned mail, address change request forms, and other information gathering processes within the College’s database - Ellucian/Datatel Colleague.
- Understand correlation between key contribution elements and assist in Institutional Advancement tracking and reporting initiatives.
- Process gift batch entry and matching gift form information. Provide daily reports regarding gift batch data entry.
- Assist Development staff identify new donors and information helpful in the cultivation of existing donors through research of alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations and churches records. Examples include identifying prospects working for matching gift companies, assisting with online prospect research, and preparing information for Calling Officers.
- Process thank you letters, receipts, and correspondence pertaining to gift batch entry.
- Assist the manager of institutional advancement services in special data entry projects, data requests and routine mailings (as pledge reminders).
- Maintain and update a guidebook for the duties and procedures of the Advancement Services Assistant position.
- Responsible for hiring and supervising student personnel.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering institutional advancement services office supplies, forms, etc.
- Maintain filing system for the following constituent groups: alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, churches, and deceased. This includes daily filing pertaining to gifts and gift acknowledgements and overseeing the updating of file folders to reflect name changes, deaths, marriages, and any other pertinent information.
- Coordinate employee College pledge/gift payroll deduction details with the Office of Human Resources.
- Consult with Alumni and Development staff regarding mail pieces pertinent to gift entry.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
- A high school diploma is required. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Training in computerized office operation, word processing, and accounting is desirable.
- At least two years of experience in an office environment, preferably involving fundraising functions is preferred.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org