Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Athletics and Student Affairs and the Office of EMASA
Apr. 19, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Athletics and Student Affairs and the Office of EMASA. This position will be responsible for the overall administrative support to the offices of the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, Dean of Students, and other professional staff members housed in the vice president’s office complex.
- Provide proactive administrative support to the offices of the vice president for enrollment management, athletics and student affairs, dean of students, and other professional staff members housed in the vice president’s office complex. Design and develop systems and procedures, which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the office, ensuring that priority projects and processes are completed effectively, on time and budget. Ensure compliance with budget parameters, efficiently process purchase orders, check requests, office supplies and goods. Establish and enhance systems that undergird the successful operations of the office.
- Effectively respond to questions and concerns expressed by students, parents and other College constituents, by telephone or in person, resolving issues where possible and referring individuals to the appropriate College employees and offices.
- Supervise selecting, training, scheduling, assigning work, monitoring hours and performance of the student assistants and interns who work in the offices of enrollment management and student affairs. Ensure that appropriate projects are assigned to and completed by student workers and student interns.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special projects developed by the vice president, dean of students or other staff members in enrollment management, athletics and student affairs.
- Plan and organize employee searches, for the vice president for enrollment management and student affairs and dean of students. Coordinate aspects of training for new employees, including but not limited to, new staff paperwork, new staff training schedules, training manuals, division flowcharts and employee lists.
- Schedule divisional and departmental meetings and events. Arrange locations, correspond with attendees, and arrange for special set-ups, food and equipment. As directed, attend meetings, coordinate logistics, take notes and communicate results with attendees.
- Serve as the divisional administrative back up; coordinating large divisional projects, offering administrative support during busy times in other parts of the division and filling in during times of staff shortages in other parts of the enrollment management and student affairs division.
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments/conference calls for the vice president, dean of students, and other professional staff members housed in the vice president’s office. Plan and assist in the correspondence between the vice president for enrollment management and student affairs and/or dean of students and other staff in the office complex to North Central College students, faculty, staff, and community members. Draft correspondence as necessary. When necessary communicate with faculty and staff on student absences. Develop a schedule of annual and monthly correspondence as well as maintain regular correspondence with students, parents, faculty and staff on particular subjects. Maintain standard compliance communication. Facilitate communication with students, faculty, and administrative offices regarding student emergencies and crisis situations. Maintain accurate student files and lists including the parent and family e-news mail list. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Administer and assist with the student cancellation and withdrawal process, including communications between the vice president for enrollment management and student affairs, registrar, financial aid office, business office, continuing education office and residence life. Schedule or conduct exit interviews, maintain and run reports from the retention database.
- Administer the judicial database and assist the dean of students with the overall operation of the College judicial system, including running judicial database reports, sending hearing correspondence, notification of parents in the case of student alcohol violations and maintenance/upkeep of paper and electronic student files, collection and recording of judicial fines.
- Manage the day-to day operation of the College identification system, including providing identification cards for students. Act as a back-up to the Office of Human Resources in providing identification cards for faculty and staff. Order supplies and maintain equipment. Take photographs at summer orientation and at other times, and produce and distribute cards. Receive and process fees for replacement cards.
- Assist with the ongoing upkeep and development of the enrollment management and student affairs portions of the College’s website. As directed, review pages, update pages and develop additional pages.
- Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
- An associate’s degree or its equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in administrative work, particularly where dealing with the public and detailed planning of events is involved, is preferred.
- Experience in an academic setting, ideally at a small college, is also preferred.
- Experience using Datatel and judicial databases preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is preferred.
Application Deadline: No longer accepting applications
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org