Apr. 19, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, non-exempt position of Groundskeeper. The Groundskeeper will serve in the Grounds Department and assist the Head Groundskeeper and Assistant Head Groundskeeper in a variety of functions, including performing groundskeeping, basic equipment and vehicle servicing, and repair tasks.
- Perform groundskeeping functions, consisting of mowing, fertilizing, seeding, aerating, watering, etc. Maintain nursery for plants, bushes and sod. Other functions include: planting, sodding, edging, pruning, weeding and trimming. Equipment used includes tractors; powered mowers (both riding and walk-behind); other powered equipment such as chain saws, chippers and hedge-trimmers; and hand tools.
- Perform cleaning, servicing, and repair of facilities and equipment; repair/construct of fences, irrigation lines, etc.; pick-up debris; repair vandalism damage. Clean and service equipment, including greasing, fueling, and sharpening of blades. Assist in repair of vehicles and equipment. Clean and organize shop.
- Pick-up necessary materials and supplies from vendors, including parts for vehicle and equipment repairs. Deliver and pick-up equipment undergoing heavy repairs by outside shops.
- Participate in snow and ice removal, including the plowing of parking lots campus-wide, which may occur at any hour of any day of the week. Equipment used includes vehicle-mounted plows and brooms and other powered and hand (shovels, brooms) tools.
- May be assigned to supervise student employees.
- May be assigned to temporarily work at other locations to substitute for personnel not available or to supplement personnel during times of unusually heavy workload.
- Store, erect and remove campus signage as directed.
- Patch, seal and stripe parking lots and other paved areas.
- Set-up and relocate/remove to storage furniture and other equipment necessary for specific functions.
- Assist in security functions, including crowd and parking control at specific times and functions.
- Perform other job-related duties and tasks as assigned.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Training in horticultural subjects and supervisory techniques would be helpful.
- Experience in basic grounds maintenance, equipment service and repair and supervision of others is strongly desired.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org