Assistant Technical Director/Production Consultant for NCC Performing Arts
Apr. 02, 2013North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Assistant Technical Director/Production Consultant for NCC Performing Arts. This position will provide support to the Production Manager and Technical Director regarding Performing Arts venues and scenic studio equipment, operations, and activities.
• Coordinate with Technical Director the set up and operation of sound, lighting, rigging and stage set-up for Fine Arts Department and Campus sponsored events in performing arts venues as needed.
• Assist the Technical Director to create and accomplish goals and vision for the proper upkeep and operation of Fine Arts nevus and facilities.
• Coordinate with Technical Director the service and organization of all Fine Arts technical equipment and maintain adequate stock of expendable materials and advise on the acquisition of equipment.
• Expertise in sound design, equipment and operations
• Assist the Technical Director in coordinating and assigning student staff work calls in technical preparation for Fine Arts Department productions and Campus sponsored events in Fine Arts venues as needed.
• Coordinate with Technical Director the instruction of student production staff members in the care, safe execution and operation of electronic equipment, rigging, lighting equipment, sound engineering and equipment, leadership skills, basic and advanced theatrical techniques as related to the Fine Arts Department as needed.
• Function as on-hand technical director for Fine Arts Department events in performing arts venues as needed.
• Attend weekly student production staff meetings.
• Supervise student staff as needed for campus sponsored events.
• Enforce safety policies for the campus as set by the Risk Manager in the performing arts venues, as well as enforce other theater specific safety policies set in collaboration with the Production Manager and stated in the student staff employee guide.
• Maintain quality of work through monitoring student and professional work force.
• Maintain the organization of performing arts venue storage facilities.
• Function as on-hand consultant for North Central College events as needed in area of technical expertise.
• Participate in logistical activities such as delivering materials to and picking up materials from the print shop, mailroom, and other locations on and off campus.
• Determine and complete other routine performing arts duties as needed or as appropriately assigned by the Production Manager or Fine Arts Director or Technical Director.
• A Bachelor's Degree with four years of college training in the technical aspects of performing arts, or a minimum of five years in a professional work environment.
• Proven skills in set-up, operation and maintenance of stage lighting and sound equipment. Knowledge of computerized work environment, including basic programming ability of existing software.
• Ability to make routine machine and equipment repairs.
• Proven supervisory or managerial capability.
• A valid Illinois driver’s license is required.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: April 19, 2013
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com