Technical Director/Facilities Manager for NCC Performing Arts, Production Consultant for NCC events
Mar. 25, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Technical Director/Facilities Manager for NCC Performing Arts, Production Consultant for NCC events. The Technical Director/Facilities Manager will provide support to the Production Manager and Fine Arts Director regarding performing arts venues, operations, maintenance and activities.
- Oversee set up and operation of sound, lighting, rigging and stage set-up for Fine Arts department and Campus sponsored events in performing arts venues as needed.
- Create goals and vision for the proper upkeep and operation of Fine Arts venues and facilities.
- Determine routine and special events staffing needs in conjunction with the Production Manager as needed.
- Expertise in lighting and sound design equipment and operation.
- Oversee service and organization of all Fine Arts technical equipment, maintain adequate stock of expendable materials and advise on the acquisition of equipment as needed.
- Work with the Assistant Technical Director in coordinating and assigning student staff work calls in technical preparation for Fine Arts Department productions and Campus sponsored events in Fine Arts Venues as needed.
- Oversee instruction of student production staff members in the care, safe execution and operation of electronic equipment, rigging, lighting equipment, sound engineering and equipment, leadership skills, basic and advanced theatrical techniques as related to the Fine Arts Department as needed.
- Function as on-hand technical director for Fine Arts Department events in performing arts venues as needed.
- Run weekly student production staff meetings.
- Supervise student staff as needed for campus sponsored events.
- Enforce safety policies for the campus as set by the Risk Manager in the performing arts venues, as well as enforce other theater specific safety policies set in collaboration with the Production Manager and stated in the student staff employee guide.
- Determine and complete other routine performing arts duties as needed or as appropriately assigned by the Production Manager or Fine Arts Director.
- Maintain quality of work through monitoring student and professional work force.
- Maintain the organization of performing arts venue storage facilities.
- Function as on-hand consultant for North Central College events as needed in area of technical expertise.
- Participate in logistical activities such as delivering materials to and picking up materials from the print shop, mailroom, and other locations on and off campus.
- A Bachelor's Degree with four years of college training in the technical aspects of performing arts.
- Proven skills in set-up, operation and maintenance of stage lighting and sound equipment. Knowledge of computerize work environment, including basic programming ability of existing software.
- Ability to make routine machine and equipment repairs.
- Proven supervisory or managerial capability.
- A valid Illinois driver’s license is required.
An internal candidate has been identified.
Application deadline: Friday, March 29th
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org