Feb. 15, 2013
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Programmer/Analyst. Working within the Information Technology Services department, the Programmer/Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, programming, testing, deploying and maintaining systems and applications that support and enhance the business, management and academic needs of the College. This includes ongoing support of these applications. The Programmer/Analyst is also responsible for custom application and report creation. This person works closely with departments to develop automated solutions that improve efficiency and effectiveness of the College.
• Design, program, test and implement new applications or enhancements to existing applications and systems. Applications and systems include but are not limited to Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague and WebAdvisor, and Entrinsik Informer.
• Design, program, test, implement and document systems and procedures as requested via the ITS ticketing system or as directed by the Administrative Systems Manager.
• Provide support and training to ITS team and end users of College software packages. Some of these software programs may include: Colleague Studio, WebWizard and WebAdvisor (Merlin).
• Provide end-user training on the use of the Ellucian system, including all customized applications and third party applications.
• Develop, program and test new forms, reports, screens, as directed by system patches, updates or approved user requests.
• Continuously evaluate manual systems, workflow and processes, offering an automated and efficient process where appropriate. Provide timely technical assistance by responding to inquiries from users and ITS staff regarding Ellucian errors, problems, or questions about Ellucian programs. Create short-term fixes and offer long-term solutions based upon Ellucian Colleague’s functionality. Troubleshoot and analyze problems making modifications as necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of changing Ellucian Colleague and WebAdvisor modules in order to effectively meet the needs of the Colleague user. Understand Ellucian Colleague’s functions, features and input and output requirements.Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Demonstrated programming experience within the last five years using languages such as C, Visual Basic, or Unidata.
• Familiarity with Windows operating systems, relational database systems and structured query language.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are necessary in order to convey computing concepts effectively to non-technical users.
• Strong initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team with excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent project management, systems analysis and design skills. Ability to multitask and work with a large number of individuals concurrently.
• Well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Active interest in continuous professional development and skill enhancement.
• Accomplished problem-solving skills, trouble-shooting skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to assimilate new information and techniques quickly.
• Ability to be innovative, resourceful, logical, enjoy streamlining and improving processes and be motivated to make a difference in the operations of the College.
• A baccalaureate degree is required. A degree in computer science or related information systems field preferred.
• Extensive course work in a high-level programming language required within the last five years.
• A valid driver's license is preferred.
• Proven experience with a high-level programming language within the last five years. Knowledge of database principles. Examples of programming code may be required.
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com