• In collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing/Graphic Designer, implement and maintain a project management system across all areas of marketing and communications—print, web, broadcast, social media—to track deliverables, project information, vendors, and pricing through production. Work with representatives in various offices to establish project timelines and manage projects from initiation to closure. Manage an extensive project list and ensure that materials are delivered according to scope and timeline.
• Meet with office and department representatives regarding marketing needs including content, materials selection, output recommendations, timelines, and media requirements, and assess postal requirements for direct mail pieces. Coordinate production of materials with the supervisor to resolve technical problems and ensure that deadlines are met.
• In collaboration with the supervisor and other team members, solicit quotes for all print projects. With the guidance of the Associate Director of Marketing/Graphic Designer develop print specifications and maintain quality control. Maintain effective relationships with marketing vendors on behalf of the College.
• Coordinate mailing lists for various print publications. Work with postal vendors to generate postage invoices and payment prior to mailing.
• Generate copy consistent with the College’s writing style and branding, including print, web, advertisements and promotional materials. Support overall marketing and communications efforts with writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Work closely with the supervisor and team to monitor and maintain the College’s graphic identity in all materials.
• Manage the production and placement of advertising (print, broadcast, social media and online) and maintain the weekly, monthly and yearly advertising calendar.
• Work closely with OMC leadership to identify opportunities to coordinate print publications with web, social media and public relations.
• Work collaboratively with the members of the Office of Marketing and Communications to develop a 12-month production calendar for the College’s marketing needs and create a workflow process for managing and prioritizing North Central’s marketing and communication projects.
• In collaboration with OMC leadership, implement the use of metrics and provide data for assessing the College’s marketing and communication plans.
• Work with other offices on campus to systematize measuring the effectiveness of direct mail, online ads, print, broadcast, newspaper and television ads and social media campaigns. Establish metrics and generate reports.
• Collaborate with other departments to solicit data. Provide recommendations on mailing lists, marketing campaigns and advertising.
• Work collaboratively to propose marketing strategies through the collection of audience demographics, competition, pricing and marketing outlets that affect demand.
• Work closely with team members to conceptualize, implement and measure social media campaigns.
• Occasionally transport marketing materials to various buildings on campus.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated project leadership skills.
• Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to prioritize projects and execute according to prioritization.
• Experience producing well-written, well-edited copy for multiple formats and target audiences.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledge of the graphic design and print production processes.
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, troubleshoot, be creative, make sound decisions and keep supervisor and other office leaders informed.
• Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions.
• Flexible and solutions-oriented.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Must have expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite and a thorough understanding of the offset and digital printing world.
• A baccalaureate degree in marketing, communications, journalism-related or similar field is required.
• A minimum of three to five years experience in a customer focused, marketing position is preferred, however candidates with internship or graduate assistantship experience that is commensurate will be considered.
• A valid Illinois driver’s license is required.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com