Assistant Vice President/Chief Information OfficerFeb. 11, 2013North Central College is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Assistant Vice President/Chief Information Officer. The AVP/CIO will set and accomplish a strategic vision for the College’s information and technology services and inspire the faculty and staff to take full advantage of technology. Having overall responsibility for the administration of a complex computing, telecommunications, networking and IT system used by students, faculty and staff, the AVP/CIO will build and develop a high-performing team of professionals who are customer focused and dedicated to the College’s strategic mission and objectives.
• Set and accomplish a vision for the future of information and technology at North Central College. Consulting with campus constituencies (faculty, administration, staff, and students) and outside consultants, establish a strategic plan for information and technology, ensuring that the ITS vision is aligned with the College’s strategic plan.
• Advise the President, Cabinet and other senior leaders in identifying and executing opportunities that leverage technology for future College growth, including solutions that are sustainable and innovative to current College issues.
• Ensure the highest level of student, faculty and staff satisfaction with information and technology, including regular communication with the College community regarding the latest technology developments on campus.
• Develop and sustain a strong, cohesive, energetic and innovative staff.
• Develop department, divisional and campus-wide operational policies for use and maintenance of information and technology with focus on higher education best practices, ensuring that resources are always mapped to the College’s changing needs.
• Oversee the actions of all entities charged with providing information technology services, and collaborate with Cabinet members on formulation of centrally-managed IT services, strategies and policies.
• Oversee the College’s technology property and assets, ensuring a reliable infrastructure and network communications that are responsive to users’ needs.
• Oversee ITS budget and develop requests for on-going and one-time needs.
• Serve as the key leader for all technology related initiatives.
• Develop a state of the art information and technology disaster recovery plan. Collaborate with the College’s crisis task force in setting and practicing the established plan. Safeguard the College’s technology and data/information integrity by establishing and enforcing security policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced leadership abilities.
• Executive presence with business acumen and diplomacy skills.
• Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of ITS principles, process, systems and standards. Deep understanding of technology trends in higher education.
• Demonstrated record of leadership in technology planning, including the demonstrated ability to build relationships with key constituents to ensure alignment of technology with the organization’s mission and strategic direction.
• Seasoned approach to management, with a focus on accountability.
• Proactive problem solving ability.
• Knowledge of network administration, computer support, helpdesk administration, database administration, administrative software, web design and information security management.
• Strong skills in IT budget and resource planning, using entrepreneurial approaches for problem resolution.
• Proven prioritization abilities.
• Management style characterized by transparency and collaboration.
• Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills, with an interpersonal style characterized by flexibility and openness to new ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
• 7-10 years of progressive IT management and leadership experience in increasingly significant roles. Requires experience in budgeting, strategic planning, sustainability, talent management and development.
Consideration has begun for all applications received before March 8th. We are no longer accepting applications.
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com