Jan. 30, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, non-exempt position of Accounting Assistant. The Accounting Assistant will have a good understanding of general accounting functions, including accounts payable and receivable, recording transactions. Experience with preparing bank account reconciliations is also necessary. The Accountant Assistant pays great attention to detail with a good understanding of when and how to escalate problematic situations. Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Reconciles College bank accounts and prepares journal entries for interest and bank fees.
• Verifies employee cash advances and creates corresponding journal entries clearing the cash advance.
• Distributes accounts payable disbursements.
• Prepares journal entries for student loans and interfund accounts.
• Prepares monthly journal entries and spreadsheets for department revenue and charges.
• Assists department with annual audit preparation.
• Assists department with budget transfers.
• Assists accounts receivable/cashier with deposit verification and account reconciliations.
• Reports and maintains unclaimed property documentation.
• Performs account analysis.
• Maintains Procedure Manual for the Business Office.
• Provides backup for student accounts, cashiering, and accounts payable.
• Performs job related duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: An associate’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Experience: 6 months experience working in an accounting related field or office environment is preferred. Experience using Ellucian’s Colleague (Datatel) system and Informer reporting tool preferred.
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com