Assistant Football Coach and Defensive Coordinator; Assistant Director of the Football Strength Program
Jan. 17, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Assistant Football Coach and Defensive Coordinator; Assistant Director of the Football Strength Program. This position requires the ability to attend all athletic practices and events. Travel is required.
• Serve as the defensive coordinator. Develop comprehensive defensive football practice and game plans. Train, assign, supervise and evaluate the defensive coaching staff. Set and plan for the accomplishment of overall football and specific position goals for coaches and student-athletes. Monitor and execute game day preparations by analyzing film, designing strategies, communicating with players in the specialty area and writing reports reflecting individual and team statistics.
• Execute defensive game day preparation and supervise the work of the defensive coaching staff as they make game day preparations. Analyze game performance primarily on the defense.
• Assist the Head Coach with day-to-day football operations as well as the overall program needs. As an assistant football coach it is expected that every aspect of running a competitive collegiate program will be evaluated with appropriate changes and adjustments made as needed.
• Serve as the equipment manager for the football program. Establish a plan to inventory, store and distribute all equipment and uniforms. Hire, train, and supervise student managers to help assist with this process. Process purchase orders and check requests in a timely and efficient manner following established policies and protocol. Process student worker timecards.
• Assist the Special Teams Coordinator with all aspects of special teams personnel, policy, technique and scheme. Analyze film and base strategy on performance from week-to-week. Write reports reflecting individual and team statistics.
• Recruit student-athletes for the football program with primary territory of more than 80 high schools with emphasis on regional student-athletes. Responsible for on campus visits, programs, student, and parent communication. Attend high school football games during the season, visit high schools to meet with football recruits, call and write players and record recruiting action. Communicate with the admission office, developing appropriate coaching contacts, marketing plans, and target key student-athletes for admission counselors.
• Develop and organize promotional activities for the football program including newsletters, Faculty Mentor Program, Alumni Day activities, Senior Day and Parent Weekend activities, and other marketing and promotional activities.
• Actively encourage leadership and scholarship among student athletes. Monitor the academic progress of all the players in the coach’s particular specialty, in connection with the football coaching staff, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and the Athletic Director.
• Develop and implement an on-going professional development plan as it relates to both football in general, defensive coordination and recruiting.
• Assist the Head Strength Coach develop the strength program for the entire football program. Assist with the training and supervision of other designated assistant strength coaches. Help evaluate progress of student-athletes and adapt workouts accordingly.
• Perform administrative duty as assigned by the Athletic Director or Head Football Coach.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
• Three to five years of proven, effective recruiting and coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred; experience as a collegiate coordinator or head football coach is highly desired.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license.
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org