Human Resources /Business Affairs (HR/BA) Systems Analyst
Dec. 13, 2012
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time exempt position of Human Resources /Business Affairs (HR/BA) Systems Analyst. This position is primarily campus-based with regular hours, though some travel to regional/national conferences and meetings is expected. In addition, night and weekend hours may be required to best support timely implementation and/or for problem resolution.
• Serve as the primary analyst/report-writer of the Datatel HR and Payroll database/modules and other Business Affairs modules.
• Serve as the main HR/BA contact with Information Technology Services (ITS); actively participate in the Datatel related committees to ensure consistency and accuracy of core data as related to HR/BA Systems Analyst and coordinate the set-up, testing and roll-out of Datatel patches affecting the HR/BA database/modules.
• Resolve systems issues to keep critical HR and Payroll operations running smoothly; act as troubleshooter for HR and Payroll systems.
• Oversee the Payroll function in the absence of the Payroll Manager, ensuring all payroll processes are completed in accordance with all regulatory and procedural requirements.
• In a hands-on role, manage projects which will enhance delivery of services to employees and the College community. Identify opportunities and lead initiatives for process improvement to automate/streamline processes and functions, including applicant tracking, employment requisition and search processes, time and attendance reporting, appointment process, leave tracking, billing, collections, payments, accounting, etc.
• Establish and implement audit procedures and perform ongoing analysis to ensure data integrity, accuracy and security.
• Create and maintain Informer reports in Datatel in order to assist all HR/BA staff members and others in the College with their data needs, including reports such as headcount, new hire, termination, training, performance evaluation, W-2 preparation, etc. Develop complex queries and reports integrating multiple sources of data.
• Working with others in the department(s), maintain the Office of Human Resources webpage(s) and revise/update as necessary. Assist other BA functions with web page development.
• Ensure the accuracy of quarterly security reports sent by ITS.
• Prepare correspondence, technical reports, status reports and other documentation pertaining to HR/BA information systems programs and activities.
• Provide end-user training on the use of the Datatel HR/BA modules.
• Assist HR/BA staff in utilizing technology and collaborate with other staff members to train others on basic reporting issues, current systems, and the introduction of new features or system upgrades.
• Maintain knowledge of Datatel’s system features and capabilities by participating in listservs, attending conferences and/or attending training sponsored by the system vendor.
• Upon or after reimplementation of the HR Datatel modules, this position’s responsibilities will expand to provide Datatel support to modules in other Business Affairs functional areas, such as accounting/finance or facilities operations.
• Other job related duties as appropriately assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business systems, management information systems or a related field.
• Additional education in human resources or related area preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years prior, relevant knowledge/experience with enterprise applications (Datatel strongly preferred), plus a general knowledge of HR preferred.
• Payroll management and experience working in higher education preferred.
Deadline for Applications: January 15, 2013
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com