General Maintenance/Kitchen and HVAC Support
Dec. 13, 2012
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, non-exempt position of General Maintenance/Kitchen and HVAC Support. This position may be required to work at times that are other than, or in addition to normal business hours and days, including responding at any time to severe weather and other emergency conditions. Individuals in this position can expect to be “on-call” during nights and weekends for specified periods; and must be available by personal pager and/or telephone to report to work fit for duty during these times.
• Inspect the exterior and appropriate interior areas of assigned buildings on a regular basis. Identify, prioritize and perform or report necessary maintenance activities. Promptly report safety and security concerns.
• Maintain regular contact with sources of work assignments (i.e., supervisor, department support staff, assignment board) to ensure that necessary activities are carried out in a timely fashion. Promptly report on completion of activities.
• Service, adjust, repair, replace building components, systems and furnishings, based on observed needs, work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, or other sources. Examples of typical activities are: trouble-shooting equipment and systems to determine causes of problems; repairing or replacing electrical fixtures and/or associated wiring; replace burned-out or broken light bulbs and tubes (interior and exterior); repair worn or damaged walls (including painting if necessary), floors, doors (including hardware) and windows (including blinds); repair damaged or malfunctioning washroom fixtures and associated piping; service and repair HVAC, refrigeration and fire protection systems; and seal leaks. Report the need for more extensive work by others, including outside contractors, to immediate supervisor.
• Service and repair all kitchen/dining equipment including dishwasher. Perform preventative maintenance on all refrigeration systems. Examples of expected tasks include but are not limited to: cleaning of all condensing & evaporator coils, replace motors, fan blades, door gasket, etc. Be responsible for and perform all work on lighting systems in the Cage and Kaufman Kitchen, Dining, and Serving areas. This includes: replacement of light bulbs, ballasts, installation of fixtures, and cleaning of fixtures. Perform preventative maintenance of all RTUs, exhaust fans, make-up air filters. Perform filter and belt changes in all buildings as required including preventative maintenance of all air handlers.
• Maintain building access/egress areas (i.e., sidewalks, stairways) in a serviceable condition by removing debris and snow and ice.
• Carry out projects, which involve installations, renovations, remodeling, etc., as directed by supervisor, either individually or as part of a group.
• Coordinate all activities with building users and contractors (i.e., food service, cleaning services) so as to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to building activities.
• May be assigned to temporarily work at other locations to substitute for personnel not available or to supplement personnel during times of unusually heavy workload.
• Perform other related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
• Design and fabricate building components and furnishings, such as shelving, cabinets, etc.
• Install and/or repair exterior building appurtenances such as fences and railings.
• In addition to repairing door hardware (an essential function) prepare and replace locks (including cores) and make keys.
• Move or assist in moving equipment, furniture, materials and supplies to/from storage areas or between locations.
• Open (unlock) and/or secure (lock) buildings.
• Travel to vendors to pick up materials and supplies.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of three to five years of experience in building maintenance is preferred.
• EPA Refrigerant Certification is required. A valid Illinois driver's license is required.
Deadline for Applications: Open Until Filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com