Part-time College Health Nurse
Dec. 05, 2012
North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the part-time, non-exempt position of College Health Nurse. Estimated annual paid hours must be a minimum of 1,500 hours (at least 30 hours per week, but less than 40)
1. Assess each patient’s condition based upon observation and/or interview of patient, physician’s diagnosis, laboratory results and any other pertinent information.
2. Use professional judgment to educate and effectively communicate with those served concerning the diagnosis and treatment of their medical conditions, appropriate preventative measures and the use of the health care system.
3. Follow the Dyson Wellness Center Clinical Standard Operating Procedures (CSOP) for appropriate treatment and referral.
4. Maintain appropriate, accurate and complete medical record entries.
5. Administer first aid and, when necessary, arrange for further care.
6. Perform approved laboratory procedures as documented in the CSOP. Correctly dispense over the counter and College physician prescribed medications.
7. Replenish supplies as indicated. Notify Director of needed medications and supplies.
8. Work as part of the Dyson Wellness Center team and maintain excellent working relationships with consulting therapists and physicians as well as other staff members.
9. Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences.
10. Provide individualized and group education related to medication, disease process and prevention. Advise other health related student groups as assigned. Consult with other College departments and/or outside agencies regarding health related issues.
11. Assist in the planning of appropriate health related activities and/or programs.
12. Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
• Three years recent experience in emergency or medical/surgical nursing.
• Certification in BLS required.
• A valid Illinois Professional Nursing License is required.
• A valid driver's license is strongly preferred.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: email@example.com