• Inspect all buildings and their components on a regular basis to identify and prioritize necessary cleaning and repair activities and report safety and security concerns.
• Service, adjust, and perform minor repairs of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment, including both building components and equipment used in the building. Install minor building components and replace light bulbs and tubes. Report the need for more extensive work to immediate supervisor.
• Coordinate evening cleaning, maintenance, and setup activities with building management personnel and users, and with contract personnel working in the building (i.e. food service personnel, outside contractors, etc.) so as to maximize efficiency of operations and minimize disruptions to building usage.
• Clean all buildings and building components, including: floors (carpet, tile, wood, etc.), walls, mirrors, windows (inside and outside), building fixtures and furnishings. Cleaning activities include: refuse removal, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, and waxing.
• Setup rooms and/or outdoors for particular functions by moving and arranging athletic equipment, furniture and accessories, including: chairs, tables, lecterns, and audio/visual equipment, as directed. Remove or rearrange furniture and accessories at conclusion of function (as necessary).
• Replenish consumable supplies, primarily washroom supplies, as necessary.
• Remove snow and ice from walkways and other areas adjacent to the building.
• Ensure that materials and supplies are properly secured when in storage, available when necessary, and used in a manner which minimizes waste. Utilize the College’s purchasing system to order additional materials & supplies as needed.
• Work at other locations as assigned to temporarily substitute for personnel not available, or to supplement personnel during times of unusually heavy workload.
• Perform other job-related duties and tasks as assigned.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is strong preferred.
• A minimum of one year experience in building cleaning and maintenance is preferred.
• A valid driver's license is required.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: Open Until Filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org