• Provide counseling services and resources to students and employees of the College. Perform such duties as individual therapy and group therapy, crisis intervention, training and consultation. This includes 24-hour a day, 7 day a week emergency consultation and/or intervention (or participation in a crisis intervention rotation) and office and/or on-call coverage when the co-director is away or unavailable.
• Assist with the clinical supervision and on-going training of master’s counseling interns performing their practicum on site.
• Develop relationships with the college community by interacting and initiating contacts with student groups and organizations, residence hall units, and groups serving specific student populations such as commuters and international students. Establish a collaborative relationship with other departments such as Student Involvement, Psychology, Athletic Department, Dean of Students Office, Academic Support Center, Dispute Resolution, Campus Safety, Multicultural Affairs, Residence Life and Ministry & Service.
• Assist with the assessment process for students dealing with drug and alcohol issues as well as alcohol/drug education programming. Provide drug and alcohol assessments, referral and/or counseling as needed for students referred to the Center through the campus student conduct process.
• Assist with the assessment process for students dealing with other issues (self-harm, depression, eating disorders, etc.) Provide assessments, referral and/or counseling as needed for students referred to the Center through the campus student conduct process or other referral processes.
• Advise student groups that have a wellness focus. Provide direction and assistance with student groups doing wellness programming.
• Make appropriate off-campus referrals when necessary. Follow up with students mandated to seek off-campus counseling. Provide reports on student compliance with mandated off-campus counseling to immediate supervisor and/or the Dean of Students.
• Stay current on health and mental health issues, particularly as they relate to college student populations. Participate in continuing education as required for state licensure.
• Assist with proactive mental health, psychological and counseling related educational programming resources to the various constituencies of the College. Lead and/or guide the Intern Counselors, Graduate Assistant and Peer Health Educators to lead workshops, seminars and outreach programming. Topics are to relate to the well-being of students and other members of our community and may deal with issues such as substance abuse, anger management, violence prevention, eating disorders, relationship development, mood disorders, depression, decision-making, etc.
• Perform other job-related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
• Master's degree in counseling or clinical psychology, social work, or a related field.
• Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Certification preferred.
• Prior experience in individual and group therapies, crisis intervention, outreach programming and training.
• Some experience in an academic setting is preferred, as well as a strong desire to work with young adult/college-aged populations.
• A valid driver's license is strongly preferred.
• Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist required.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: Open Until Filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org