Web Applications Programmer
Sep. 21, 2012North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Web Applications Programmer.
• Design, develop, test and maintain any existing and new websites/applications. This includes web-forms, database design and script or any other development as needed.
• Program as needed to integrate information resources (databases, authentication systems, vendor supplied solutions, etc.) into the web environment.
• Integrate, test and deploy third-party applications onto the web.
• Maintain existing applications, determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to management.
• Demonstrated experience with Drupal theming and development.
• Ability to work with Web-connected databases, and an understanding of query languages such as MySQL.
• Familiarity with object oriented programming.
• Knowledge of GIT, SVN or any other sub versioning system is a plus
• Ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping critical tasks.
• Must be is well organized, detail oriented, and flexible with regard to projects timeline shifts.
• Identify, track and resolve production issues.
• Resolve ITS help-desk issues related to the web.
• Other job-related duties as appropriately assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Interactive Media Studies, or a related field is required.
• One to three years’ work experience performing progressively more complex and responsible IT tasks.
• Experience with Adobe Flash, InDesign, Photography, videography, and sound editing preferred.
• Familiarity with Zend or any other MVC frameworks preferred
• Working with LAMP, WAMP environment preferred
• Knowledge of mobile applications is a plus
• Must provide a portfolio of samples of website designs/applications.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
Deadline for Applications: Open Until Filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org