Assistant Athletic Trainer/Instructor of HPE
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER/INSTRUCTOR OF HPE
We would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Assistant Athletic Trainer/Instructor of Health and Physical Education.
• Supervise the health care of intercollegiate student-athletes, including prevention, initial care, evaluation and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
• Manage all administrative aspects of the athletic training room, including maintenance of injury records, treatment logs, and inventory of supplies and equipment
• Serve as a preceptor/approved clinical instructor (ACI) in the athletic training education program
• Assist in supervising the graduate assistant athletic trainer(s)
• Teach and advise within the HPE department
• Provide athletic training coverage for home athletic practices and events as assigned, and provide athletic training coverage for selected away athletic competitions
• Assist in maintaining a current inventory of all supplies and equipment
• Assist in administration of the CAATE accredited undergraduate athletic training education program as directed by the ATEP director
• Teach courses in accordance with CAATE requirements
• Other duties as they may be appropriately assigned by designated supervisor(s)
• Master’s degree in related field required.
• Three years of experience as a BOC-certified athletic trainer.
• Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level is desirable.
• Illinois licensed or eligible (must possess license by start date).
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 2900 students, located in Naperville, IL, 28 miles west of Chicago, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For more information, visit https://www.noctrl.edu. Interested candidates should send a letter of application, CV, transcripts, teaching evaluations, a statement of teaching philosophy and three letters of recommendation to Robert Simon, Assistant Athletic Trainer and Search Committee Chair, c/o Academic Affairs Office, North Central College, 30 N. Brainard Street, Naperville, IL 60540. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the college are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin September 15, 2012 and continue until the position is filled. EOE.