SGA and Green Scene are hosting Earth Day this year with an entire week of green activities, April 16-23.
Earth Week is designed especially for students, but seeks to raise awareness about environmental issues on campus and around the world.
Here’s a list of activities. Also, look for posters around campus with further details.
Monday, April 19
Lights out for ONE hour, 7 to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20
Wednesday, April 21
- Dorm recycling competition begins
- Water tasting: Stop by the White Activities Center to see if you can tell the difference between bottled and tap. Learn about the effects of bottled water.
- Learn about the “gone trayless” initiative and its impact in Kauffman.
Dorm recycling competition collection: Find out which dorm recycles the highest percentage of overall waste the day before Earth Day.
Thursday, April 22: Earth Day
Friday, April 23
- Come to Res/Rec between noon and 2 p.m. for the Eco-lympics. Form your four-person Green Teams and compete in an Eco-Triathalon. Run the Recycle Dash relay, Ride a Red Bike for the Slow Bike Race and create an eco-friendly outfit for the Project Runway style fashion show. Champions will win prizes and an i-poster.
- Learn about and sign up for the Zip Car programs and Red Bikes.
- Visit student group tables
- Eat Chipotle
- Wear green for a button
ResLife hosts a wrap-up party called Green Games & Goodies, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Jefferson Plaza.