Tom Gill's photographs find wide appeal
Tom Gill, instructional media coordinator, Oesterle Library, has had a number of his photographs published and/or used for webpages, magazines, newspapers and calendars. They include:
• 2010 edition of CBS-2 Chicago’s “Capture My Chicago” book, which features Gill’s photograph of an approaching storm in suburban Cook County. Photos were selected by the editors and public.
• South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority (Indiana) requested his photograph of frozen Lake Michigan for its homepage.
• Northern Indiana Lakes Magazine published four photographs in its Winter 2011 issue, three for the village profile of Three Oaks, Mich., and one of the famous Door Prairie Barn in LaPorte, Ind.
• Northwest Indiana Regional Planning Commission requested six photographs for its 2011 Clean Water Calendar. A copy is featured in the Community Publications Display in the library.
• American Rivers.org, a national, Washington, D.C.-based organization for river conservation requested his photo of the DuPage River foot bridge for its December 2011 print calendar.
• Tinley Park’s Tinley Junction newspaper published his photograph on Dec. 27 of the aftermath of the winter storm that hit the St. Joseph, Mich., lighthouse and covered it in ice.
In addition, Gill was asked by the family of the late entertainer Perry Como to officially photograph the family’s annual Christmas performance in November 2010 at the Battell Community Center in South Bend, Ind. Their show, titled “Singin' and Dancin' into the Holidays—A Merry Como Christmas,” has been a sold-out event for the past 27 years.