Artwork by 11 North Central College students is featured in the annual Senior Art Show.
The exhibit is free, open to the public and on display May 10 through June 12 in two locations at the College’s Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery, 31 S. Ellsworth St., and the Oesterle Library Gallery, 320 E. School St. The senior artists will greet visitors during a reception from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 20, in both galleries; complimentary refreshments will be served.
The exhibition will feature paintings, drawings, ceramics and sculpture. Exhibitors are:
• Madeleine Baltuška of Lemont, double majors in entrepreneurship/small business management and studio art
• Jessica Brewster of Sleepy Hollow, Ill., majoring in studio art
• Ashley Domonkos of Winfield, majoring in studio art
• Thomas Downs of Manhattan, Ill., double majors in East Asian studies and Japanese
• Robin Gadient of Davenport, Iowa, majoring in studio art
• Jessica Kidd of Naperville, majoring in studio art
• Kelly Klode of Joliet, majoring in studio art
• Giuseppe Pellicano of Naperville, majoring in studio art
• Larissa Phillips of Clinton, Iowa, triple majors in Japanese, East Asian studies and studio art
• Jacqueline Diane Roller of Naperville, double majors in psychology and studio art
• Jessica Schramm of Darien, majoring in art education
Among the featured artists is Naperville resident Giuseppe Pellicano, who served in the U.S. Army from 2000 to 2005 and was stationed in California, Germany and Kosovo. After graduating from North Central in June, he plans to open an art gallery, pursue graduate studies and teach art classes to military families stationed overseas. Pellicano has exhibited his work at various shows and galleries, including Chicago’s Prak-sis Gallery and Jackson Junge Gallery. He recently presented his work “War Pigs” at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah. His current work, crafting and personalizing military boots, memorializes soldiers who lost their lives during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Christine Rabenold, assistant professor of art, is faculty advisor for the exhibit. For more information about the exhibit or gallery hours, contact Rabenold at 630-637-5543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art students at North Central College learn traditional and contemporary media; engage in analytical, critical and abstract thinking; and learn to communicate ideas visually. Students attend gallery and museum openings and exhibits in Naperville and Chicago, meet visiting artists, enter juried exhibitions and gain an academic foundation for graduate study in studio art, art education, art history, art therapy, arts administration, art criticism and visual communications. Visit northcentralcollege.edu/majors/art to learn more about North Central’s art program.