North Central College invites community members to join in the celebration of the College’s 2012 Homecoming Oct. 25-28. Public events include performances by Bernadette Peters and Sara Evans, documentary screenings, a reunion party with dancing and entertainment, parade, football game, dedication of the Riverwalk Gateway and more.
Homecoming 2012 also represents a special occasion in the life of North Central College. This is Hal Wilde’s last Homecoming celebration as president. Wilde has led the College for more than 21 years and will retire in December.
The following Homecoming festivities are open to the public:
Thursday, Oct. 25
• Award-winning and critically acclaimed singer/actress Bernadette Peters kicks off this year’s Homecoming celebration with a concert: 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, in Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave. Tickets are $125 and $100; call 630-637-SHOW (7469) or visit northcentralcollege.edu/showtix
Oct 26, 27
• Two documentary viewings of Parts 1-5 of “A Promising Start,” chronicling North Central College’s 150-year history, produced by Naperville Community Television: noon-3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26; and 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, in the theatre at Meiley-Swallow Hall, 31 S. Ellsworth St., free
• Trolley tours of the College’s campus and the surrounding community: noon-2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, and 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 27. Tour groups will meet in the lobby of the Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., free
Friday, Oct. 26
• Homecoming Convocation, including alumni awards presentation: 4:15 p.m. in Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., free
• Annual Homecoming Concert, featuring performances by the North Central College Concert Choir, Concert Winds, Women’s Chorale and various chamber ensembles: 8 p.m. in Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., free
Saturday, Oct. 27
• Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: 11 a.m. in Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., free
• Homecoming parade: 12:45 p.m., route begins at North Brainard and East School streets and proceeds south on Brainard to Championship Plaza, where a pep rally will be held
• Dedication of the completed Riverwalk Gateway: 1 p.m. at the Riverwalk Gateway, north of Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium
• Football game, Cardinals vs. Illinois Wesleyan University: 2 p.m. at Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium, 455 S. Brainard St., tickets are $6/person
• Homecoming Reunion Celebration: 6-11 p.m. at the Residence Hall/Recreation Center, 440 S. Brainard St. All North Central College alumni are invited to dine, dance, connect with friends; call 630-637-5200 for tickets.
Oct. 27, 28
• Multi-platinum recording artist and popular country singer-songwriter Sara Evans will perform two shows during the College’s Homecoming weekend: 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, and 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28, in Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton Ave. Tickets are $75, $65 and $55; call 630-637-SHOW (7469) or visit northcentralcollege.edu/showtix
Sunday, Oct. 28
• Worship service: 10 a.m. in Koten Chapel at Kiekhofer Hall, 329 E. School St.
For more information visit northcentralcollege.edu/alumni/homecoming.