Nov. 4, 2011—Works by 20 art teachers in Naperville Community Unit School District 203 are featured in an exhibit at North Central College.
The “District 203 Faculty Art Show” opens Nov. 4 and runs through Jan. 5 in North Central’s Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery, 31 S. Ellsworth St., Naperville. Artists will greet visitors during an opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
A variety of artwork, from mixed media to paintings to sculpture and more, will be on exhibit. The Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery will be open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
The artists and schools in District 203 where they teach are:
• Beebe Elementary School: Julie Comerford
• Ellsworth Elementary School: Leitha Walling
• Highlands Elementary School: Kyle Wood
• Maplebrook Elementary School: Karen Barenbrugge
• Prairie Elementary School: Noel Anderson
• River Woods Elementary School: Jeff Arndt
• Steeple Run Elementary School: Laura Dostal
• Lincoln Junior High School: Ann Ossey
• Naperville Central High School: Daniela Cirone, Danielle Figueroa, Chris Hodge, Rebecca Mancuso, Amy Murphy, Anita Pope
• Naperville North High School: Tom Bremer, Shay Gallagher, Janell Matas, Christine Seger
• District 203 art coordinator: Stacy Slack
• Additional artist includes Judy Mcleod
This exhibit is one of many ongoing programs hosted at North Central College to enrich and broaden the academic and cultural outlook for the College and community. For a comprehensive schedule of art exhibits, musical performances, lectures and theatrical productions, visit northcentralcollege.edu/show or call the box office at 630-637-SHOW (7469).