Why choose secondary education at North Central College?
Our secondary education graduates enjoy rewarding careers at nationally ranked high schools and middle schools. That’s no surprise, since our full-time faculty will mentor you through a rigorous curriculum and field experience schedule, then help you identify the opportunities that will make the difference for your education and your career. The Illinois State Board of Education recognizes North Central College as fully accredited in art, biology, chemistry, English, history, math, physics, music and physical education, and foreign language licensure in Spanish, French and German.
You can also:
- Acquire excellent teacher preparation at exceptional middle and high schools.
- Accumulate at least 155 hours of classroom field experience prior to your residency (student teaching).
- Prepare for state licensure to begin your teaching career.
- Meet potential employers at on-campus job fairs.
- Major in a field in which you want to teach, such as art, music, the sciences, history or English.
- Gain a special education endorsement through the Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBS I) concentration.