Why choose pre-nursing at North Central College?
North Central College offers a pre-nursing program designed to give you a solid foundation in the liberal arts and sciences and prepare you to pursue further studies. You have the flexibility to select from any of North Central's majors while completing the required prerequisite courses to apply to a nursing program. North Central offers preparation in the pre-health sciences that can help you pursue not simply a job, but a career in nursing.
North Central College’s affiliation agreement with Chicago's Rush University College of Nursing guarantees qualified applicants admission to Rush’s Generalist Entry Master’s (GEM) program. The GEM program prepares students to be graduate nurse clinicians with a focus in clinical leadership. Graduates are prepared to function at a high level in inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
You can also:
- Explore opportunities to volunteer or job shadow at places like Almost Home Kids, a Naperville-based pediatric, short-term care home that services children who are medically fragile.
- Study abroad or apply for a Richter Independent Study Fellowship grant to conduct health-related research in a foreign country.
- Get personalized attention in small classes from professors who know you and can write letters of recommendation to graduate schools on your behalf.
- Work with North Central's dedicated pre-health advisor.
- Network with alumni and peers through North Central’s student-run Pre-Health Organization.