Why choose physical education at North Central College?
Among the strongest in the area, our physical education major is a rigorous program that produces teachers ready to lead premier physical education programs in K-12 schools. Immersed in the sciences and methods to promote lifelong fitness, our graduates are ready to help young people develop the skills, habits and attitudes that will promote their health and wellness. In addition to a K-12 licensure program, field experiences are woven throughout the program as well as in-class demonstration of teaching techniques.
You can also:
- Gain valuable teaching experience in some of the Midwest’s premier (and highest-paying) school districts.
- Earn a health teaching endorsement as part of the corresponding health minor.
- Join PECS, the student organization for physical education majors and health education minors.
- Join the Educators Rising, which develops and implements special service projects and programs.
- Participate in local and state physical and health education conference presentations alongside North Central College KIN faculty.
- Benefit from a program approved by the North Central Association of College and Secondary Schools, as well as the Illinois State Board of Education.