Why choose health education at North Central College?
This minor will equip you to teach health education at the middle school/junior high level as well as high school levels. There is a demand in school systems for educators to be able to teach in more than one specific discipline. Majoring in physical education and minoring in health education provides a distinct advantage in the job market. Many teaching positions are now split between the two disciplines. Opportunities are present in the curriculum to complete field experiences as well as extensive in-class exposure to currently implemented health education curriculum and teaching philosophies.
You can also:
- Join the Student Leaders Association of Teacher Educators, which develops and carries out professional development and service projects and programs.
- Join PECS, the student organization for physical education and health education students.
- Complete your residency in some of the Midwest’s premier school districts.
- Benefit from a program approved by the North Central Association of College and Secondary Schools, as well as the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Participate in local and state physical and health education conference presentations alongside North Central College HPE faculty.