Why choose entrepreneurship and small business management at North Central College?
North Central is one of the few colleges in the country offering this innovative combined major. Why do we do it? Because entrepreneurship students rarely start their own business immediately after graduating; instead, they often learn the ropes by working for another small business. North Central prepares you for that transitional step. Our small business management training gives you an edge in landing your first job out of college, which in turn provides the on-the-job training you’ll need to launch your own venture.
You can also:
- Find internships and jobs at the thousands of small businesses in the Naperville and Chicagoland areas.
- Complete at least one required internship by shadowing the owner/operator of a privately held company in the industry of your choice.
- Attend presentations by guest speakers who share their experiences, offer advice and answer questions.
- Get a head start on your major by completing two entrepreneurial courses during your first year.
- Apply what you’ve learned in class to entrepreneurial projects through student organizations like the Entrepreneurship and International Business Organization (EIBO) and Enactus.
- Attend professional events such as the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization annual conference in Chicago and the Self-Employment in the Arts Conference.