Why choose anthropology at North Central College?
You won’t simply explore the diversity of world cultures in the classroom—you’ll witness them first-hand. You’ll have the chance to travel virtually anywhere in the world through our robust study abroad program. And closer to home, you can research or intern at The Field Museum in Chicago, which is just a short train ride from campus. No matter how you build your anthropological expertise, you’ll do it with the personal attention and close collaboration of our outstanding faculty.
You can also:
- Apply for a Richter Independent Study Fellowship grant to fund your research anywhere in the world.
- Travel to Guatemala during the College's D-Term with Enactus to study that country's culture and coffee production process.
- Apply for the Mironda K. Heston Scholarship for Public Service, which funds international human service projects.
- Intern at The Field Museum in Chicago with a North Central alumna.
- Pair your interest in anthropology with sociology and complete a single combined major in those two fields.