NBS Tuition Payment Plan
North Central College is proud to offer a convenient budget plan. Nelnet Business Solutions is the leading tuition payment plan provider in the industry. Working together, North Central College and NBS can provide you with sensible strategies for covering the rising costs of college. This is not a loan program, you have no debt and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $45.00 per term or $80.00 annual nonrefundable enrollment fee. You may budget your tuition and fees in the following ways.
A. Automatic Bank Payment (ACH): ACH payments are those payments you have authorized NBS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have preapproved for your expenses at North Central College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 20th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
B. Credit Card Option: Paying with your credit card gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus program that may be offered by your credit card company. Effective June 10, 2013 payment plans using the credit card option will be assessed a 2.75% non-refundable service fee for every transaction. Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 20th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
Once you enroll, please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. If a class has a course fee or a program fee, that fee will not be included in your budget calculation so please contact Student Accounts. If you drop or add classes, it is your responsibility to notify the North Central College Student Accounts Office at (630) 637-5569. NBS will continue to deduct payments from your bank account or charge payments to your credit card according to your original plan agreement until notification is received by NBS from North Central College that a change has been made to your plan agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions About NBS (PDF, 15k)
Be sure to have the following information handy when you enroll:
1. 7-digit student ID number as assigned by North Central College. Your initial password is your date of birth (MM/DD/YY).
2. The name, address and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments.
3. Account information for the person responsible for payment:
- If paying by automatic bank payments, you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number and the bank routing number. Most of this information is located on your check.
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number and expiration date.
4. To protect your privacy, you will need to create your own unique Access Code. Please be sure it is something you can easily remember.