Ruth N. Gamertsfelder
Outstanding Alumni Award Winner 1976
Ruth Gamertsfelder was employed at Naperville High School (now known as Naperville Central High School) from 1918 to 1958, teaching commercial mathematics and Latin, and later serving as dean of girls and librarian. During these years, she organized and sponsored the Girls’ League social service organization and instigated and guided the annual Latin class Roman Banquet. After her retirement from Naperville High School, Gamertsfelder served as curator of the Caroline Martin Mitchell Museum. Her other community involvement included work with the Naperville Woman’s Club, the Heritage Society, Edwards Hospital and Community United Methodist Church.