Outstanding Alumni Award Winner 1975
Harold White and Gordon Haist ’32 pooled their resources to purchase the Naperville Sun – a fledgling weekly newspaper – in 1936. Haist left the newspaper in 1937 and, that same year, Harold and Eva Anderson ’35 were married. Over the ensuing 46 years, they worked together to build the Naperville Sun into one of the leading community newspapers in Illinois. In addition to providing Naperville with its only community newspaper, Harold and Eva White gave leadership and assistance in numerous civic affairs. In 1983, North Central College dedicated the College Union as the Harold and Eva White Activities Center in their honor. In 1991, white became an honorary member of the College’s Board of Trustees.