Veterans Moving Forward!
Forward! is a selective admission program that supports military men and women transferring from community college to North Central College. Selected members will progress as a cohort, participating in a structured academic, social and community-oriented program designed to build camaraderie. Forward! cohort participants are selected based on their application, letters of intent and ability to fully participate in regularly scheduled activities.
Forward! veterans are given priority and/or expedited access to academic, social and financial benefits at North Central College, in addition to:
- $1,000 annual scholarship in addition to veterans benefits.
- One-on-one course registration upon acceptance into the Forward! Program.
- One-on-one veterans benefits assistance.
- Priority access to career counselors and personalized job research assistance.
- Two-day comprehensive orientation session prior to the start of fall term.
- Regular monthly mentoring meetings with Forward! Program coordinator.
- Access to student veteran mentors, faculty and professional staff knowledgeable of student veterans needs.
- Assigned to a Sortie Study team whose members work together to complete their degree.
|For full consideration for admission to Forward! the applicant must: